Hey guys! So over the next few months I will be embarking on a study abroad in Townsville Australia! I am absolutely excited beyond explanation! I've set this up as a personal journal and hope my friends and family will enjoy reading as well! Here goes....!



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crystal Creek adventure

This past weekend we had a breathtaking adventure to Crystal Creek which is just about 45 minutes north of Townsville. One of our friends from frisbee drove us there. There were 6 americans and two aussies, Dave and Timmy. Come to find out thru the course of our day, Timmy, is friends with the girl from Missouri whose blog I had been following from last semester. She had come to James Cook University, and all of a sudden I was like, Timmy, you were in some of the blog videos of Alicia. Small world!!
Okay, on with the weekend..Saturday was a pretty chill day, I worked on a paper that I have due this week, and then that night we had a few friends over to our flat, and then went into town for the night! On our way home, Addie and I had our first McDonalds experience, or Mackers to the aussies. It was so good, I swear they put more effort into burger making here! Lol
The next morning we were up around 9 for breakfast and they were here to pick us up around 10:30 am. We got on the road and stopped at Woolworth's along the way to get sausages and burgers and the makings for lunch. Also Tim-Tams which were devoured very quickly right after our arrival at Crystal Creek! We got to "Big Crystal Creek" and hiked down just a short path to the waterhole. It was beautiful crystal clear water and there are huge boulders to jump off of into the water. They say that after good rains, there are like currents that will just sweep you down the rocks into the water! Too bad it had not just rained!! But it was still awesome! After about an hour of trying out that spot, we drove up a trecherously winding path to "Little Crystal Creek." They have grills to BBQ on so we made burgers, but we had not brought any utensils, so we used the cardboard from a drink box to flip the patties! Innovative!! After some lunch, we started our rock climbing to get to a beautiful waterfall! It was my first time rock climbing and it was pretty awesome although I was kind of scared on some of the rocks! We made it and had a long fun photo shoot. Then we made our way back to the car...and back to Townsville. We were able to catch the tail end of dinner and were really just praying for ice cream. Of course we were too late, it was all gone just as we got there! As we were all sooo exhausted, we were just ready to get to our rooms and crash. Which is just what I did...shower and crash for the night by 9:30 pm!
Enjoy Some Photos!! Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment