Well Hello!
Today we didn't have class because we don't have class on Friday or Monday! Fabulous!!
So Addie and I have found an activity to do each Monday and Friday, yoga, at the Womens Centre in town. It is pretty neat, it is several older ladies and the class is pretty basic yoga. I had never done yoga before, so it is pretty kewl. We are the only young girls in the class, but we don't mind. The ladies are seeming to have taken a liking to us. They are always asking us about Texas and offering us stories of whatever they may have heard about Texas. Today a lady told us that she had a niece at uni, but that she doesn't hardly see her unless she had car trouble or got tired of uni food. At which point, I said, "yeah, our moms cook wonderful home cooked meals, and we will probably be dying to get home to it at the end of this!" She said, "Ohh, I'll have to get you girls contact info so you can come over for a home cooked meal." SCORE!! We are in great hopes, as I think it would be awesome to sit with an older aussie couple at their home and hear stories!!
Another funny aspect is the exaggerated image that all these aussie students have of Texas. A couple nights ago we had the best episode yet. We happened to find the pharmacy table with a bunch of guys. They were hilarious! The first guy was Canadian that started the questions off. He said, "I just have to ask, what do you feel about Obama, do you like him or Bush better?" Then it snowballed, an aussie guy wanted to know if Texas was all just dessert and cowboys. Then of course there was the "carrying guns" topic. They like think we must be mass murderers or something. Then they had heard something about this route 66? I don't know, I think they get lots of info from movies. It was quite a trip!
Tonight I have been reading articles for my anthropology class and looking over some statistics work. Now it't time for bed, we have a 6 hour long afternoon tomorrow of lectures..woo wooo..LOL NITE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment