So school started this week for us. We had our first class yesterday. Classes are different here in the way that you dont actually go several times a week. There is just one lecture for two hours and then you break the class into smaller groups and call them tutorials and they are offered at a few different times during the week. I am going to have the best class schedule ever here...no Monday or Friday classes!!! My schedule on Tuesday and Wednesday is pretty back to back but it makes for a very long weekend which will be very nice when we get to take a trip or two! I am taking an anthropology class which is taught by a lady. I am also taking statistics which is probably the only class which is very serious and and I needed in my major. Another class I am taking is Health and Health Care in Australia which is being taught by this very energetic pretty young aussie guy. I think that class should be very interesting especially since Australia has socialized medicine. Then the last class I take is The Land and its Legends Through Australian Cinema. This class is taught by this short older aussie man who seems to be very sweet! We just got home from watching our first video, Bitter Springs. It was pretty good movie; I think most of the videos we will view will have some indigenous aspect to them. The work load for most all of these classes seems minimal. There will be lots of paper writing which I am definately not excited about. I haven't wrote a real research paper since highschool, but I'm sure it'll all work out fine!
Might I mention that today we watched a movie, Animal House, with our roommates and all of a sudden our friend Caitlyn runs in the house and says there is a python that just ate a turkey beneath the bridge headed toward the Library. Well of course we had to go see! It was pretty awesome! The python looked like it had quadruple food baby! LOL it was just chilling there and probably won't be moving for a while til it digests the big ole turkey. That was around 2 in the afternoon and on our way to our class at 5 it was still there.
Last night was Toga night on campus. We have a club on campus called Uni Club. It had a $10 cover so we didn't actually go over because alot of friends and people came over to our house and we all just made a party of it! Had a great time! It was my first ever toga party! I'm pretty tired tonight and will probably make an early night of it. Tomorrow our hall is supposed to all be going to the Tavern, which is just a short walking distance from campus and is a very relaxed social atmosphere.
Okay, guess that's about it for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment