Today has been pretty awesome! Addie and I went into Stocklands this morning (the shopping center), to get random things, but also to shop around for a "nicer" outfit and accessories for the Townsville Cup. That is the horse races; they are this weekend here in Townsville! We hear around town from the locals that everyone dresses really nice and the ladies wear extravagant hats!! I think this will be soooooo fun and I hope we can attend! I did not make any purhcases though as I am a horrible decision maker and hopefully tomorrow we can go when we have a little more time to leisurely look around.
We made it back to campus just in time to attend an international students sausage sizzle! The sausage is nothing like the homemade we make at home, but it was alright! Later that afternoon, we met with most of our group of people from the states plus Toby, a German we met here, and we all went hiking in the hill behind our school.
Really our university is just at the bottom of this hill so we got some amazing views from atop it of the city! Addie took a small tumble on the way down after finding some high momentum....she definitely got some battlescars from Townsville....I think her and the mountain may have a love/hate relationship after today! LOL But rest assured she's quite a trooper and in perfect shape with a couple band-aids!
Tonite the line at the dining hall got really long....I can tell more students have showed up to campus, which is awesome, because it has been pretty dead around here..
Yesterday we went and played frisbee with the group again. They are sooo super nice and they were teaching me some skills...I'm having a hard time getting my competitive edge back from highschool though.
Okay, guess thats about all for now! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment