Woo hoo! I just got my Australian phone number, which makes me part Aussie! HAHA! AND probably more relieving, I got my current phone unlocked to use in Australia. Let me just say, I am learning soooooo much already from this experience. Probably a little carelessly, I allowed the first person I spoke with from AT&T, convince me I probably could not get my phone unlocked unless I signed up for an international roaming plan. Forget that! So I went on some sketchy website and thought I was paying to get an unlock code for my phone. Word of Warning....it definately applies to go w/ your instincts, I did not feel comfortable buying this silly code, but $9 for a code, sounded better than $69 for an Australian cell phone, so I tried it! Found out 12 hours later, it was a scam website, yes I have fallen guilty to the idiocy that those predators prey on :( A friend from college, helped me get my senses back, and finally by 2 am this morning, I was convinced that the worst that could happen is I lose out on $9...relief. I woke up this morning and no charges are on my acct and as far as I know the transaction never took place....lesson learned!
On a happier note, I tried AT&T again today and spoke to a very nice man named Andrew and he was happy to help me in getting a correct code!
Shortly after that, I drove over to Allison's to pick up a cantalope that her father is so generously letting me feast on!!! It's wonderfully delicous!
I have been cleaning around the house all day in between these other activities, in preparation for Saturday! My parents are throwing a 4th of July/ going away party! Im so excited to see everyone!!!
Okay, well just 8 days left and the excitement is definately building!
OHHHH yea, I guess call Addie and I part reptile..LOL as we are now Scuba certified!! I say part reptile, b/c if I happen to run into a crocodile, I will have to somehow convince him we are family....no mom, dont worry, no crocs!! Although I am hoping to dig Crocodile Dundee out of the archives somewhere, cause I think it would make a great family movie night, getting us all in the mindset!
Alright, enough for now....lots to do as the sun is fading and the weather looks quite inviting =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment